Looking for a reliable hair dandruff treatment? Dandruff can rub you of your self-confidence especially when you see the tiny flakes dropping on your dress. This condition is known medically as seborrhea. It weakens the scalp as a result of stress, dry skin, and poor brushing.
We guess that you are reading this post because you need hair dandruff treatment. Not to worry, we have exactly what you need in this post. We have put together a list of home remedies for dandruff in this post.
What causes dandruff?
Before we talk about the ways to treat this condition, let’s discuss what causes dandruff. Dandruff is a medical condition resulting from the growth of a kind of fungus on the scalp. This fungus is known as Malassezia and it causes severe dryness and damage to the scalp.
This is not the only kind of dandruff. Another kind of dandruff results in the production of excess oil from the scalp. As such, dandruff looks oily and sticky on the hair. So what exactly is the cause of dandruff? Here are some of the major causes below:
- Irregular hair washing and brushing.
- Irregular use of shampoo.
- Any type of mental disorder.
- Parkinson’s disease.
With a clear understanding of what causes dandruff, we can move to hair dandruff treatment.
Home Remedies for Dandruff
There are so many home remedies for curing dandruff. You can use these remedies to get rid of dandruff fast. Many of these remedies are easily accessible and you can prepare them from home. In this section, we will show you some of these remedies, how to prepare them, and their benefits.
Apple Cider Vinegar
No doubt, apple cider vinegar is one of the most trusted home remedies for hair issues. Preparing this remedy is very easy. Here’s how to prepare and use apple cider vinegar for dandruff.
- Mix equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Wash the hair thoroughly with shampoo and water.
- Apply the mixture to the wet hair.
- Massage the mixture into the hair and the scalp.
- Allow it to stay for 15 minutes before rinsing off.
There is no overdose of this so you can do it each time you run a head shower. However, we advise that you don’t use this remedy every day. Twice or thrice every week is great for fighting dandruff.
Coconut Oil and Lemon
Coconut oil is one of the most famous extracts for natural hair treatment. It possesses strong properties that help it fight against several conditions relating to the hair. Mixing this amazing oil with lemon is giving your hair and scalp a double dose of nutrients.
You can prepare this remedy easily in your kitchen to get rid of dandruff fast. Here’s how to prepare and use coconut oil and lemon mixture for your hair.
- Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil then mix it with equal parts of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and massage it thoroughly to reach the scalp. Be gentle with the massage so you don’t hurt yourself or pull out hair strands.
- Leave this on the hair for about 20 minutes before rinsing off using quality shampoo.
For many people, this is one of the easiest hair dandruff treatments you can adopt. It works very fast and it does not harm your hair or scalp.
Fenugreek seeds are very potent against dandruff. They are also referred to as methi seeds. They come with amazing benefits to individuals suffering from low blood sugar. Fenugreek seeds also help to boost milk production in nursing mothers and testosterone in men.
There are several other immense benefits of fenugreek seeds such as appetite control and cholesterol regulation. Here’s how to get the best of fenugreek seeds against dandruff:
- Soak some fenugreek seeds in a bowl of water and leave them overnight.
- Mash the seeds into a paste then add some lemon juice. Churn both together until you get a uniform mixture.
- Apply the resulting paste to your hair and scalp then allow it to stay for 30 minutes.
- Wash the hair with a healthy shampoo and leave it to dry naturally after wiping it with a clean towel.
Looking for one of the famous hair dandruff treatments? Neem juice falls into this category. This is why you’ll find this extract in most shampoos and hair products. Neem juice is not messy on the hair like some other natural dandruff remedies.
Here’s how to prepare neem juice and apply it on the hair to treat dandruff:
- Collect some neem leaves and crush them to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair and massage it gently onto the hair and scalp.
- Leave it to stay for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash the paste off with clean cold or lukewarm water.
We all know that oranges are filled with lots of nutrients including vitamin C. What many of us don’t know is that the peel is very rich in nutrients and is potent against dandruff. Orange peel contains magnesium, calcium, and vitamin A. It also contains lots of dietary fibers.
All these nutrients are great for the health of your hair. Let’s check out how to prepare and use orange peel to get rid of dandruff fast:
- Pick up an orange and peel off the outer skin.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the freshly cut orange peel in a bowl.
- Turn this mixture into a blender and blend it until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste onto your hair and scalp and leave it for up to 30 minutes.
- Wash off the paste using an anti-dandruff shampoo.
Make sure that you don’t use this remedy every day. Rather, apply the paste once every two or three days until dandruff disappears.
Hair Dandruff Treatment – Conclusion
What other hair dandruff treatment do you know? Share them with us in the comments section. Also, try out any of the remedies above, and let’s know your experience.